Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Reasons for a happy weekend:
- Finally no more packing, organizing, cleaning, or moving.
- Happy Hour with my book club girlfriends.
- Sunset over Lake Washington.
- As I walked back from watching the sunset, I came across something I’ve always wanted to find: a feather from a Blue Heron! I had no idea where I was going to watch the sunset and ended up in a swampy field behind a condominium building. Good view, but very muddy. Completely worth it for that feather. Is that weird? Yeah, kind of weird.
- SLEPT IN! Haven’t slept in for months…
- Took a long nap shortly after I woke up. My body is catching up on a year of no sleep.
- Greenlake reading session. I wondered how it would feel going back to my “terrarium” once I no longer lived there…thought it would be strange to be a guest. Luckily, it’s still amazing as usual. I did forget where I parked, though. That will take time to get used to.
- Burger on the deck. Can’t beat a homemade burger with Big Mac sauce.
- Hike to Goat Lake. In Nature is where I feel happiest. It was the perfect Sunday for breakfast at an alpine lake.
- Right now: sitting on the deck, relaxing my legs, and smelling dinner in the oven.
Life is good.
I hope you had a magical weekend, too.
“If you don’t know where you are going, any road can take you there.” Lewis Carroll